Featured Post

Click for Links to Cabinet IRs/NAM Captures

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Plexi and 5E3 Turret Board Progress



As I upgraded some of the 2W metal film resistors to 3W on the 1987 turret board, I started populating a board for a future 5E3 head build that I have been putting off.

All passive components are now ordered except for the filter capacitors and a diode for the 1987 board. I am now considering installing a hi/low B+ voltage switch on the Plexi. I plan on using the 625V tap on the ClassicTone 40-18095 power transformer, but am thinking about utilizing the 690V or 560V taps.

The 5E3 will likely  be a straightforward build, with little or no modifications. Parts will be Vishay metal film resistors, Vishay MKT1813 and Cornell Dubilier 150 film capacitors, F&T filter caps, Cornell Dubilier silver Mica capacitors, and ClassicTone transformers.

No comments:

Post a Comment